Blackout

June 23rd 2014

Today was the day the unexpected happened. All of the electricity in Australia has been destroyed. Some of us fled the city but all of the flights have been canceled, we are all trapped in a cage. It’s been a week since the power out and all of us are suffering. The power stations have all been destroyed, set on fire and crumbled to dust. Our life will change forever.

June 24th 2014

Not only has all the needed electricity disappeared but all the positive energy has too. My brother locked himself in his room yesterday, he said he just wanted to be alone, I could even hear the sour tone through the door. I think I’m coping well with the harsh conditions as my other two brothers slithered into their locked rooms today. I’m alone in the house as my parents have gone to search for tools and supplies as things are starting to break in the house such as pipes and useful wires.

June 25th 2014

Although it feels like my three brothers have distanced themsleves from my parents and I, I’ve enjoyed roaming the empty halls with my only companion, my diary. My parents seem to spend all their time walking along the beach enjoying life without the technology they never understood. I’ve liked no technology because in my opinion I’m not the type of person who thinks locking themselves in a room is going to make them feel better and also, I give people a mean glare whenever they pull out a phone or IPad out when there at the table or at an innapropiate time. Unfortunately, in my house I’ve learned to live with the fact that my brothers don’t care.

June 27th 2014

Fear has overcome me now… I’m on the edge of locking myself in my own room. All of the things that could go wrong have happened… The roof that holds the house together is curving in and in a few days it will collapse upon all of us. I fear we will die from the roof our something else will kill us.

3 Comments
  1. I have been reading most of your blog posts lately and this one is definitely one of the best. I like the way you describe your emotions and you should keep up the great work. 😉