The Werewolf

Running, sweating, screaming. The moonlight shines on my ruined face highlighting the blood that oozes out of the deep claw marks on my cheek whilst  my glazed emerald green eyes release a tear. The sodden grass squishes under my bare feet feeling the tips of the sheds of grass embrace my muddy toes. I glance back, my stringy damp brown hair quickly whips around throwing splashes of water everywhere. The woods behind me are getting smaller but the evil presence hovers over me. The large slender mahogany trunks shoot up high, their bare arms stretched out in gnarled directions as their shadows lurk in the moonlight. A growl, a moan then I hear it running towards me, the mud spraying everywhere. It tackles me to the ground feeling his razor sharp claws scratch my ankle. I kick it square in the middle of its chest leaving it gasping for air, I reassemble myself immediately trying to get a head start even though I know it’s faster than me. But before I can make it to far the mud takes its revenge causing me to slip in a pile of sloppy mud by now it’s got a firm grip on my leg and it slowly drags me. With my free leg I kick it again and it gives no response, no gasp for air, no growl, just dead silence.